Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rain



It has rained. And rained, and rained. I am so very happy. I can hear my grass growing. We have been in a pretty bad dry spell. This rain is welcomed with open arms. Usually Thursdays I work on the ever impressive laundry. But since there is cloudy weather, there's no need to even think about hanging something outside. It will never get dry.

I think today I will focus on organizing all my closets. I've needed to do it. I also am cleaning my living room carpet. It gets horribly dirty. I am also going to draw up my plans for my chicken coup.

I want about 3-4 chickens. that would give me 21 eggs a week. Man! I better get to cooking. Eggs are one thing you can not freeze. But I guess I will learn how to pickle them. YUCK! I know, but my husband likes them. I'm not excited about pickling eggs, but will try it for him. And the fact that I hate to waste anything.

Now it's off to feed the bottle calf (next Tuesday's post). Then to run (trying to loose weight again). Then to clean the carpet. Big FUN!

No comments: