Friday, December 19, 2008

Thursday!

Thursday I woke up and said. "UH I need to blog!" I got ready for work. I said "UH I need to blog!" SO I got online and....I started looking for a Christmas present for Cowboy, and Littlest Cowboy. I got tied up in that, and I didn't post. Then the computers at work are so slow, I didn't post there. Then I came home and slept. (I'm fighting off a cold.) Anyways...Here's what I was going to say on Thursday.



You might ask, "Uh, is that a cowboy hat on the top of that tree?" And the answer would be yes, yes it is a cowboy hat on the top of the tree. You might even ask "Is that barbed wire and a cowboy's rope wrapped around the tree?" Again the answer would have to be yes, why yes it is. Nice uh? It's my attempt at being super crafty. Don't hate!! Here's another shot of it for ya!



One could also say. Hey farmgirl, where did you get such a wonderful looking tree? Why my back yard! Yeah, we totally cheaped it out this year and went and cut one off the back property! Also you could ask what are the wires for at the bottom? Yeah, um, that's to keep the tree up in the stand. See, the base is too small. Nice Uh? And you could say nice selection of Kraft Food's magazines. I know they are there. I need to put them in the kitchen. But then you would have seen the Successful farming magazines and that would just defeat the whole blog of "Poverty" Creek!

Now some Christmas Info...

X-mas. It's OK to use that term as a Christian. "Christ" was often written as "XP" or "Xt"; there are references in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle as far back as AD 1021. This X and P arose as the uppercase forms of the Greek letters χ and ρ), used in ancient abbreviations for Χριστος (Greek for "Christ"), and are still widely seen in many Eastern Orthodox icons depicting Jesus Christ. (Wikipedia.com)

However, I have been corrected several times by fellow Christians. Just to let all those that read this blog (5 of you) that X-mas is OK. I'm a Christian, and in no way am I taking Christ out of Christ-mas (X-mas).

PS--I just enlarged those shots. I'll be dusting next. Sorry. Man, I really just did that 2 weeks ago. Shocking I know!

PPS--I also am adding some kind of skirting to the tree. Hopefully it will help to hide those lovely cords from the TV/satellite. Sorry you had to see that.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

gorgeous tree. and thanks for the info about x-mas. i never knew that. now i can sound really smart